Hi All, I hope everyone is well. We are delighted to announce today the release of our InstantKB 2018-2 update. This is a maintenance update which aims to address some important issues discovered since our 2018-1 update and improve the experience for developers when working with and deploying InstantKB via Visual Studio 2017.
Existing InstantKB 2018 customers can download the InstantKB 2018-2 right now from your My Licenses page at https://my.instantasp.co.uk/MyLicenses.aspx
For upgrade guidance please refer to our InstantKB 2018-1 to InsantKB 2018-2 upgrade notes...
Fixes & Improvements
As this is a small update I've included a complete list of fixes & improvements below...
- Fixed issues when publishing via Visual Studio
- Fixed issues when attempting to build after cleaning the solution via Visual Studio
- Improved Visual Studio 2017 support
- Fixed issues with searches not returning results for very long search queries
- Improved email polling to now display a visual indicator when new emails arrive
- Fixed hard coded twitterlizer2 reference from InstantKB.UI
- Fixed issues with incoming phone calls not displaying visual indicator
- Fixed issue with some email replies not being filed under the original ticket
- Fixed issues with several since deleted images still being referenced within the .csproj file
- Fixed a small number of spelling errors within resources.xml
- Added option allowing you to upgrade any SSL connection made via InstantKB to TLS 1.2
As always we hope you benefit from the fixes and updates within this release. We would be delighted to assist with any upgrade questions, issues or concerns. Of course if we can assist please never hesitate to submit a support ticket or contact us. We look forward to assisting further and sharing further news on our next generation .NET core version of InstantKB in the near future.