Hi All, I'm delighted to announce today the release of our InstantForum 2017-1 update. This updates focuses on fixing issues discovered since our 2017 release and improving several areas also introduced within our 2017 release.
As always InstantForum 2017-1 is a free update for all existing InstantForum 2017 customers. Existing InstantForum 2017 customers can download the latest InstantForum 2017-1 release right now from your My Licenses page. To help you decide if you would like to upgrade you can find a complete list of fixes and updates available within InstantForum 2017-1 below.
- Fixed issue with print topic page only showing first and last posts within a topic
- Fixed issue that prevented custom member level image from displaying correctly on https based sites
- Fixed issue with forum not rendering correctly if topic type descriptions contained certain characters
- Fixed issue with member photos and profile banners using absolute URLs even with local file system provider
- Fixed issues with @mentions not triggering correctly on AZERTY keyboard layouts
- Fixed issue if topic had a topic type with an apostrophe in the name when editing said topic
- Fixed issue with page index not being selected upon member list if you refreshed the page
- Fixed issue with pager tooltip still displaying after paging within member list
- Fixed issue that allowed user to malform quote markup
- Added Canonical Link Support for all key pages to improve SEO
- Added page index into page title for paginated pages to improve SEO
- Buttons are now disabled when users submit a post or reply (to help prevent duplicates)
- Improved cache invalidation for both forum and topic subscriptions
- Added support so you can now double click or tap an image within the editor to flip the orientation of the image (helpful for mobile devices)
For detailed upgrade instructions please refer to our InstantForum 2017 to 2017-1 Upgrade Notes.
A special thank you to our lovely users below for helping us improve this release...
- Ricardo for identifying the keyboard layout issues with @mentions
- Janice from MedPt for identifying issues with the "Print Topic" option
- Dave from SqlServerCentral for the SEO suggestions - thank you
As always we sincerely hope you enjoy the InstantForum 2017-1 update and find a fix or update helpful. If we can assist with any upgrade questions or concerns of course please don't hesitate to submit a support request or contact us.